FINALLY

We are up and running!
Finally our site is up and running.
Go to www.simplicitysuds.com to check it out

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lavender & Rose Soap

My girlfriend gave me some flowers for watching her son at the last minute.  So i dried the petals and put them in my herb grinder.  I read that they don't hold their color in soap and will turn shades of tan/brown.  Nonetheless i decided to give it a try.  Did you know that red rose petals turn BRIGHT BLUE when added to soap?!?!  And a day or two later the soap changed to a nice shade of tan, as you see in the shell mold.  The rose also added a nice speckled effect.  In my loaf mold I really wanted a nice purple, and  I ended up adding a purple mica to help with the coloring.  If your not familur with it, a mica is a mineral, and is mostly used to help color makeup, so it is safe for your skin. This batch came out smelling wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment